Good Eye Care Practices
Good eye care is a lifetime investment
Here are some tips to help you protect your eyes.
- Ensure that you get your eyes examined as regularly as advised by your optometrist. This will ensure that we detect, monitor and manage conditions that affect your eye sight.
- Take regular breaks when reading or using the computer. For every 20 minutes of computer use look up at a distant object for 10 to 15 seconds, this will allow the eyes to rest.
- Sit approximately three metres away from the television for best focal advantage. This will reduce strain on the eye muscles
- Always ensure that rooms are well lit, especially when reading and using the computer. This will prevent squinting and straining the eyes to view your desired target.
- Ensure that children hold reading material at 30 cm away from eyes, as this will reduce eye strain.